1. What was your favorite “sightseeing” experience on the tour?
Well, I don’t really spend a lot of time walking around cities anymore when I am on tour. That is more Steve’s thing. Dallas, however, stands out for me because I hit the grassy knoll again, then went to Vinnie Paul’s strip club, The Clubhouse. It was complete insanity and chaos… Then we rolled over to Vinnie’s house and I took down a poker tournament! Murder, sex and gambling in one night… Good times!
2. Wanting to know how come we missed all the fantastic videos and shit on the second half of this tour?
We have tons of stuff and will be posting it soon. I guess we all kind of decided to get lost in the tour and not spend half of it hunched over a screen. Steve documented SO much… I am certain we will get to putting it all online at some point soon.
3. I heard it was an acoustic set because you had to leave Siggy behind at the border. Is that true? How did it feel to have your plans foiled by that?
Actually, we love a challenge. Siggy’s visa hadn’t come through so we decided, “What the hell… Let’s just rock it acoustic.” One of the perks of playing with such talented and versatile musicians. There is no circumstance that they can’t rise above.
4. What was the longest length of time you went without sleep on the tour and why?
I went a few days without sleep but it was way worth it. We did a show in Oakland, then I had a party at a club, flew to Miami the next morning for a party that night, then flew back the next day to play in Phoenix with Gilby’s after show party followed by one of Phoenix’s many strip clubs. I think it was something like two or three days with cat naps on planes.
5. Didn’t you school Siggy on the whole rock star thing? At the Everett show he kept coming out and trying to hook up with a bunch of girls … Doesn’t he know that he doesn’t have to try so hard when he is traveling with the masters?
HAHAHA… How do you know he wasn’t doing the masters’ bidding?! We call it “hazing the new guy”.
6. Any live recordings from the board?
Yes! We have many live recordings from most of the shows. We are planning on compiling the best of the best and getting them online soon. In fact, they have inspired us to get into the studio again very soon.
7. Do you do your own make-up and nails on tour or do you have someone traveling with you that does it?
No way! I do the make-up and then I get a nail touch up in each city from one of Siggy’s “new guy” task fulfillments.
8. Don’t you feel like a sleazy old man hanging out strip clubs when you are pushing forty? Or if you don’t feel like a sad old man, how about a misogynist?
HAHA… How can I be a misogynist? My manager is a woman! After reading this question even SHE said that you can eat a dick!
9. Over the years have you had any hearing loss or tinnitus caused by being so close to the amps?
Actually, no. I was JUST talking about this to my Dad last night, who came to the show in LA, and the last hearing test I got revealed that my hearing is totally intact. I guess that the stage volume is never as loud as the house.
10. When coming off a tour-afer hanging with the guys for 2 months, being in different places, meeting new and different people plus the general fun and mayhem that goes on do you ever feel a little let down?
Of course! On this last tour, we only had to be accountable for about 30 minutes a day. Reality tends to get lost out there and we love it. When we get home, the phone rings, responsibilities crop up… It can be a rude awakening!